Building Temperature Zoning is a
the technique of separating your home into different zones, or areas, and then heating or cooling them as required.
It’s the perfect method to reduce hot and
cold spots. Plus, zoning systems saves
energy by heating and cooling just the
areas of your building that you’re using.
Is HVAC Temperature Zoning Right For You?
Temperature zoning is highly recommended if your home has:
• Multiple levels
• Room(s) with large windows
• Large open areas such as vaulted ceilings or foyer
• Room(s) in a finished basement or attic
• Room(s) with an exposed concrete floor
• Rooms that are consistently too hot or too cold
• Bedroom(s) in the upper levels
• Rooms that are used occasionally
• Occupied rooms in the attic or basement
• An extra room over the garage
Temperature zoning is highly recommended if you:
• Have young children
• Spend most of your day at home
• Have sleepless nights because your upstairs rooms are too warm
• Avoid your downstairs rooms because they’re too cold
• Close vents in one room in attempt to redirect airflow